I have been thinking of doing this for a while so what better time to start than in the new year. My idea was to bring a few of my favorite things together to create a fun post that I and other readers would enjoy. What do you get when you combine my love for home interiors, plants, meeting plant lovers and Friday? You get Feature Friday!!!. Sounds like fun? Read along to learn more!
How does it work?
Every Friday, I will feature a plant lover on this blog. For now to start, it may just be one Friday a month to get things rolling. This will include a short interview and a peek into their home and plant collection. However, in order for this to work, I need submissions from you. Yes you the reader!
Eligibility For Submissions
It doesn’t matter if you are not obsessed with plants (yet). All you need to be eligible to submit to this post, is that you must have at least 2 plants (you will know why below) and willing to showcase your plants.
Ok, I’m Hooked. What Do You Need Me To Do?
This is what the submissions should have:
- 5 – 10 pictures of your plants, preferably with one of you in it. You can even take aplantselfie. I may not use all the pictures, but sending in more gives me the ability to choose which pictures to use.
- Show how you decorate with your plants in your home.
- If you have them all grouped in one area (like most of mine are), that is great too. You can still take pictures of them altogether.
- If you have a green house, even better.
- You have to answer the following questions:
- Your name:
- Occupation or if not applicable what you do during the day when not with your plants:
- Where you live (City, Province/state, Country):
- Number of plants you own:
- How long you have been into house plants and how did you get introduced:
- Name one benefit you get from your house plants:
- What kind of plants (genus, species or family) you like the most. If you like all kinds or have no preference say “ALL”.
- If your plants were to be taken from you and you could only keep one (can’t bear the though.t I know), which one would it be and why?(you need to have at least 2 plants to choose from)
- OPTIONAL: If you have a plant blog/website or business where can people reach you or find you?
- Please send pictures in jpg or png format.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Feature Friday
And That’s a wrap! So now who is in?
Till Next Time!
Hi, I’m Barbara and I’m a little obsessed with house plants. I share my house plant adventures in the hopes of inspiring you to continue to enjoy the greens in your home. And if you have no plants (yet!) I hope this blog inspires you to add some green to your home. So go on! Try it! I think you might quite like it. And who knows? You may end up being … obsessed too.